Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 251

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN TEAMP-UP #9. 2013.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board, 11 × 17″.

This cover managed to slip through the cracks of weekly posting. Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #9 comes out today (and you can see a preview here). I had a lot of fun with this one, not least of all because I got to draw Daredevil. Down below, you can see me doing my best DD impression... and Spidey and Punisher to boot.


My deadly paper baton...


inks by my Pops
blue-line print of pencils



pencils over digital sketch
digital sketch



digital layout

7 comments :

  1. Zlatibor StankovicWednesday, January 22, 2014

    This is really wacky, maestro! And great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can i say, marvelous as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! How are you taking the reference photos of yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone was just asking me this on Twitter as well — maybe I should devote a post to it! It's pretty simple: I just use Photo Booth on my iMac. If you click on the pic, you can see the setup via the mirror that's behind me. Nothing fancy. I used to use a tripod, but this is way faster.

      Delete
  4. How do you go about printing your blue pencils? I'd like to take a stab ad doing some inking, but don't have the slightest clue what's involved with printing pencils. Also, I notice your dad will be joining you in Mexico City. Will he also be joining you in Sacramento?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Photoshop template that I just paste the pencils into. The main thing is to create a HSB adjustment layer with the following values: Hue-196, Saturation-100, Brightness-96 (or whatever looks right). No matter what, it will take some trial and error, so use some old files and experiment.

      As for Sacramento, it'll just be me.

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.