Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 244

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Superior Spider-Man Team-Up #6 Cover. 2013.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board, 11 × 17″.

Issue 6 of Superior Spider-Man Team-Up hits shelves today, so be sure and pick up a copy (preview here). Doc Ock, having taken over Peter Parker's mind, has overhauled the former Sinister Six into a Superior team. Hilarity ensues.

And in case you want to listen to me talk for an hour, check out the Afterschool podcast with Don Lehman. I had a great time conversing with Don about inspiration, process, and breaking into the industry.


based on this lovely Ditko cover


inks by my Pops
blue-line print of pencils


















pencils over digital sketch
digital sketch


















digital layout


a mysterious detail

5 comments :

  1. is so fascinating to see all the steps until the final result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love a good podcast recommendation, especially when it comes to talking with creative professionals one on one.

    The problem is that as inspiring as it can be, I have to set aside time to listen, as spoken word audio can be more than a little distracting when I'm trying to draw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I listen to a ton of podcasts, but only during the "rendering" phases of my projects — can't do it during the planning stage.

      Delete
  3. I downloaded the podcast and listened to it on the way home last night and on the way to work this morning. What a great interview! Not only was it insightful about your background but also motivating with your experiences and your techniques. I especially enjoyed your personal stories and laughed at your mind blowing discovery of the Hand/Foot and Stick/Splinter associations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear you enjoyed it! I forgot to mention that the radioactive canister that blinded Matt Murdock was the very same one that created the Ninja Turtles (didn't find that out 'til later).

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.