Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 240

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN TEAM-UP #4. 2013.
Ink(ed by Joe Rivera) on bristol board, 11 × 17″.

This may have already made its way to stores, but I hadn't shared it on the blog yet. (Preview here.) It's about a young mutant named Fulmina whose electrical talents inadvertently cause a major blackout in the big city. I was a big fan of her electric ponytail, so I used it to split the city into light and dark. Thanos, of course, is never up to any good. You can tell by the way he hovers above the skyline (as all good villains do).


Who, me? Yes, you!


inks (by my Dad) over blue-line
blue-line print of pencils

















pencils over digital sketch
digital sketch


















digital layout

4 comments :

  1. Every article in this blog it's a teaching lesson of the awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have told me the lightning bolt kid was Harry Potter and I'd have believed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I still haven't read any of the books (though I did see the last movie).

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.