DC-3

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hawkman. 2012. Watercolor on paper, 9 × 12″.

I thought I'd wrap up the week with 3 DC characters — ones that I'm not all that familiar with, but had fun painting, nonetheless. I spent most of this week playing catch-up and doing layouts for pending covers, but I did get to do a Walking Dead sketch cover that I'm happy with. It's part of the Hero Initiative's auction, and I'll post it as soon as I'm able. It's painted in grayscale Acryla Gouache, something I haven't had the pleasure of using since Mythos: Hulk.

If you missed it on Twitter, I've got a new interview up, courtesy of Milán Kovacs (who happened to be one of the winners of WRW 200). We had a good chat at the Thought Bubble Festival. Check it out if you want to know why I am at peace with myself. I also have a quick quote posted at Creativity Decoded.

Have a swell weekend!


Phantom Stranger. 2012. Watercolor on paper, 9 × 12″.


Batgirl. 2012. Watercolor on paper, 9 × 12″.



8 comments :

  1. thanks a lot for mentioning the interview. looking forward to another meet-up in the future hopefully at a pub drinking beer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. PH anc Batgirl are awesome, but I would like to see your art on a comic series!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan. It may be a little while before I get back to sequential art. It's slow going when you gotta make up the story from scratch.

      Delete
  3. I'm Italian ,beautiful your picture.

    Gerardo Ceglia Angri ( Salerno) - Italy

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.